Why Paris In November?

Years ago when I went to Japan there was a primary motive for me going to Tokyo: I had a friend studying internationally.  Now keep this is mind: I'd always wanted to go to Japan.  I just needed a reason to push me into actually attempting to do so.  This time around I have a few.  The first is that due to recent job opportunities, I can get into Disneyland Paris for free every day if I wanted to.  Now obviously I'm not going to Paris JUST to go to Disneyland, but I have to admit that it's a nice perk!  Secondly is that I'll have not one, not two, but THREE friends studying in Paris at the same time!  Obviously I can't stay with them, but to hang with them in Paris during their off time could be very fun.  Who knows, maybe we can go to Disneyland Paris together?

The third is that I'm a writer.  I love writing books, reviews, and blogs.  If I go to Paris, I'm keeping a blog.  But people turn blogs into books and e-books all the time.  If I could chronicle not only my trip, but everything leading up to that trip, I'd have a nice little e-book to sell on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble is I wanted.  Plus it's Paris!  It's such a beautiful city that why wouldn't you seriously consider visiting it once (or twice, or thrice)?  So the reasons seem to pile up to the point where it would dumb to not at least consider it.  If that wasn't enough, I recently saw Woody Allen's "Midnight In Paris."  While I already wrote a review on the film, it was a beautiful enough movie that I got in the mood.


So why Paris in November?  Because the timing just seems right.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment