So This Is Going To Be A Book?

Short answer: Yes, that's the plan.

Long answer: Hopefully.  People publish travel books all the time.  With advice on what to do, what to eat, how much to save, etc, etc...you know the drill.  This book will focus on three things: The attempt to save the money to get to Paris, the things I do to prepare for Paris, and the stories of what I do in Paris.  If someone wants to give a dollar for every time I say Paris then I'll have enough money to get to Paris in no time flat (just saying).  To help with the project, I'm attempting to get a Kickstarter funding project started, but here's the thing I want everyone to understand: If this works do NOT go to Kickstarter thinking they will fund a vacation for you!  They won't.  This is going to be work.  It may be fun work, but it's going to be work none-the-less.

I will be writing in this blog on a daily basis because most of this will wind up in the book.  When I go to Disneyland Paris there will be a HUGE chunk of the book devoted to that place because I know Disneyland very well, so giving advice to my American Disney fans on how to plan a trip here would be right up my ally since I have a unique perspective in this area!  Other sections of the book will include what you should expect when making a trip.  Despite my previous travel experience, every country is a new experience, so I will writing with both what I know and what I'm learning.  This is also supposed to be an entertaining book.  While it's meant to be informative, it will also be entertaining.

People learn better when they are entertained.  The book will likely be finished by February if Kickstarter approves the project and we can raise the money by November.  Right now we're in the very early planning stages so I don't know where this will go, but it's going to be a fun experience to say the least!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment