A Hopeless Romantic In Paris

I'm not exactly sure how people plan trips to foreign countries.  Keep in mind, I'm speaking as someone who has traveled to no less than three foreign countries.  Every time I want to go to a new one, I try to think back at what I did to prepare for the previous trips.  Usually the biggest hurdle to travel is money.  Just the airfare and hotel alone is enough to eat into a couple months worth of savings.  Secondly is getting time off work.  I don't think that's going to be too much of an issue this time around though (no reason to get into why here).  Considering all the hard ships that have gone on in my family recently (I'll talk more about that later), it's pretty obvious that to do this I'll have to save a lot of money. $3,000 would be ideal, but about $2,500 could also cover it.

Now the question is this: Where do I get the money?  How to I get the time off?  Can I even do this in time for my projected November time frame? Who knows.  There's much to write about though, and at least five months before I have to go.  So this is what the blog is going to be about: My attempt to get to Paris by November.  Yeah, I know Paris will still be there in the future, but it would be ideal to get there by this time frame.  This blog will either be me documenting my success to getting to Paris and enjoying it, or my attempt to getting there and failing to do so.  Sink or swim with lots of sarcasm.  So welcome to "A Hopeless Romantic" in Paris, which - depending on the outcome - will either refer to my failed attempts to get there or my journey there when I don't have a girlfriend.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment